ATSC 3.0 Delivery & Signalling server
vCaster is ENENSYS’s virtualized software designed to support the delivery of live content from HEVC encoders or non-real-time content over ATSC 3.0 networks using ROUTE or MMTP protocols.
- Delivering of Live & NRT services towards ATSC3.0 broadcast network
- Generating the ATSC 3.0 signalling to ensure a perfect decoding on receiver part
Interfacing with multiple Live HEVC encoders
HEVC is the video encoding format defined by ATSC 3.0.
vCaster interfaces with multiple encoders that generate DASH or MPU segments containing all the audiovisual content and manages the delivery of up to 20 services.
vCaster generates all the service signalling (SLT & SLS) as requires the ATSC 3.0 standard.
Service Signaling provides service discovery and description information. The Service List Table (SLT) enables the receiver to build a basic service list, and bootstrap the discovery of the SLS for each ATSC 3.0 service. The Service Layer Signaling (SLS) enables the receiver to discover and access ATSC 3.0 services and their content components.
Services and signalling delivering in multicast IP
vCaster delivers in multicast the DASH segments over ROUTE protocol, the MPU segments over MMTP protocol and the related signalling.
ATSC 3.0 global architecture
- Virtualized appliance running on standard servers
- Standardized WebDav protocol to interface with encoders
- DASH & MPU segments management in input
- ATSC 3.0 signalling generation and delivery
- IP Multicast outputs over ROUTE/MMTP protocols
- Intuitive HTLM5 GUI to easily setup the product and monitor the services
- REST API for remote control
- SNMPv3 support
- Virtualized application designed for the delivery of multimedia data on ATSC3.0 network
- Enable to aggregate up to 20 Live and NRT contents towards IP Multicast outputs
- Support of ROUTE to deliver MPEG-DASH segments and MMTP to deliver Media Processing Units (MPU)
- ATSC 3.0 Signalling generation
Manage up to 20 Live and NRT contents
Multicast UDP/IP streams
DASH segments or NRT files encapsulation into LCT sessions and ROUTE signaling for ROUTE delivery
MPU segment encapsulation into MMT packet and MMT signaling for MMTP delivery
Service description to generate LLS/SLT tables
SLS fragments generation and delivery
Service bit rate and video monitoring
1 Ethernet interface for ATSCaster management (GUI & alarms).
1 Ethernet interface to receive DASH/MPU segments and deliver in output IP multicast streams over ROUTE or MMTP protocol.
VMWare ESXI 6.5
PowerEdge R330 / Intel® Xeon® E3-1260L v5 2.9GHz
HTML5 Web-based interface
ATSC 3.0 file delivery software supporting ROUTE and MMT delivery (limited to 1 service by default)