ENENSYS Networks at Broadcast Asia 2017
During Broadcast Asia 2017,(May 23-25 at SunTec Exhibition centre in Singapore), ENENSYS Networks is pleased to demonstrate its latest products and solutions.
AdsEdge and Campaign Manager – Targeted Insertion of file-based content into live services
ENENSYS’ AdsEdge solution, which provides targeted content insertion in DTT and cable networks – typically ads, news, weather – has been upgraded and now includes Campaign Manager. AdsEdge is a combined video server and splicer and is placed at the edge of networks (TX sites, cable POP…) to be able to provide dedicated targeted content insertion based on geographical location. Campaign Manager is a central server application that interfaces with the automation system (receiving playlists), with the content and advertising providers (ad agencies), and with AdsEgde to ensure that the right content is received correctly and is distributed to the splicer in the correct timeframe. It makes the necessary links between all the elements in the delivery chain. It also provides comprehensive reporting capabilities to clearly and precisely show what has been broadcast and when.
- Insert commercials, local news, regional weather forecast, etc, into live TV streams
- Operating on a regional-basis, located at transmitter sites or cable head-ends
- SFN support for DTT networks
- Integrated splicing and video server functions in a box
- Campaign Manager provides the integration tools for playout and asset management
DTTCaster – Rebroadcasting solution
ENENSYS is also highlighting DTTCaster. This is designed to provide highly cost-effective retransmission of DTT multiplexes at regional/local transmitter sites where IP or satellite connectivity isn’t possible or is cost-prohibitive.
DTTCaster allows off-air reception of the multiplex(es) from a DTT transmitter using a simple antenna. DTTCaster then re-generates the multiplex in the correct format to feed a transmitter operating on a second frequency. The content of course remains exactly the same and DTTCaster is SFN-compliant, providing a low-cost, high-quality retransmission capability. DTTCaster modules are housed in ENENSYS’ HDc chassis with a maximum of six DTTCaster units in 1U enabling the reception of up to 24 RF signals.
- Off-air reception of DVB-T, DVB-T2 and ISDB-T transmission
- Regeneration of transports streams (TS, T2-MI or BTS) to feed transmitters over IP or ASI
- SFN support
- 4 receivers in one module; up to 6 modules in 1U
OneBeam – ‘Single Illumination’ solution
ENENSYS’ OneBeam system provides the ability to use a standard satellite DTH network to also distribute services to DVB-T/T2 or ISDB-T transmitter sites. Before OneBeam, two separate satellite networks have been required to deliver services to DTH (DVB-S/S2) and DTT (DVB-T/T2) transmitters because of incompatible signal formats and signalling. OneBeam enables a single satellite feed to be used to deliver services to both platforms, enabling very significant OPEX savings of satellite capacity costs.
- Feed terrestrial transmitters from a conventional satellite DTH system, saving significant transponder costs
- Supports DVB-T, DVB-T2 and ISDB-T, including SI/PSI adaption from DTH
- Enables filtering of services on a regional basis
- Support for SFN operation
- Regional EWS (Emergency Warning System)